Tweed Valley Wildlife Carers
24 Hour Hotline – report injured wildlife
02 6672 4789
Come and visit us on World Environment Day in Knox Park Murwillumbah
What We Do
The Tweed Valley Wildlife Carers rescue and care for injured and sick wildlife in the Tweed Valley.
Our objectives and aims revolve around the conservation and welfare of our local wildlife. Our foremost aim is the rescue and rehabilitation of native fauna for return to their natural environment, using the best and most up-to-date information from all relevant sources. We also aim to educate the public by encouraging the protection and welfare of our native wildlife and their habitat.
What To Do if You Find Injured Wildlife
1. Place injured wildlife in a box lined with a towel to prevent it from sliding around during transport. Cover the box with a loose lid or towel to create a dark environment to prevent stress. DO NOT administer food or drink to an injured bird or animal. Put the box in a quiet cool place in Summer and in a quiet warm spot in Winter months.
2. Take note of the exact location where it was found and tell the rescuer so, after rehabilitation, it can be released back into the wild.
3. Call the hotline:
02 6672 4789
Follow instructions from the TVWC member you speak to on the hotline.
How Can I Help?
Join Us Today
If you are interested in joining the Tweed Valley Wildlife Carers, we hold regular orientations and offer volunteer positions as a phone hotline operator, wildlife carer (after training), rescue and transport participation, fundraising, as well as various administrative positions.
For more information check our How Can I Help Page
Three Ways To Donate
1. Donations are accepted through the Give Now website. Donations over $2 are tax deductible and can be made with a credit or debit card or by bank transfer. Click Donate button below.
2. Donations can be made directly to our PayPal account, also tax deductable. Click PayPal donation button below.
3. Regular donations can also be arranged by direct debit.
Return & Earn Stations Donation Outlet
We are very lucky to be accepted as a donation partner in the local ” Return & Earn” stations. From August 25th to November 27th 2018 you can choose to donate your money to Tweed Wildlife Carers – which is us. Your donations will go to help feed & care for many different local wildlife species. You can donate at the following recycle stations at Tweed City, Terranora Pavilions, Kingscliff Woolworths, Chinderah BP & Murwillumbah Railway.
Donate using the links below this section