Every one of us can be wildlife friendly. Please start by saving our number into your phone.
Some fun activity ideas include:
- Plant a garden: herb garden, veggie garden, fruit trees, native trees.
- Encourage wildlife to your backyard: build a pond, a bee hotel or a frog hotel.
- Explore your backyard: set off on foot and learn something new about the flora and fauna in your neighbourhood.
- Learn about recyclables: don’t know where to start? Start in your household by separating all types of waste. Eg bin each for recyclables, greens, landfill & soft plastics. Contact your local council for further info.
- Make a compost bin.
- Learn about the importance of pollination.
- Build and install a nest box.
- Replace barbed wire and inappropriate fruit netting.
- Clean local waterways.
- Avoid the use of poisons.
There are some really practical things you can do, requiring very little effort, as you will see from our informative articles and fact sheets.